Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Transfer existing signing keys to Cascades development

I have existing signing keys client-PBDT-xxxxxxx.csj and client-RDK-xxxxxxx.csj and would like to use these same keys for signing Cascades apps. When I attempt to import signing keys I am only given the option of selecting a .bar file (which obviously fails). Any chance there is a folder I can just drag and drop my existing keys to?

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Transfer existing signing keys to Cascades development

Yes, you put the author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db into the keys folder in your profile and all SDKs will find them automatically. On Linux it's ~/.rim, in Windows 7 it's /Users/name/AppData/Local/Research in Motion. The docs have the paths for other platforms.
--------
Taylor Byrnes
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Fido

Are you guys talking about taking old <7.0 signing keys and using them for the signing of BB10 apps?

I would like to know how this works, I only have 3 .csi files for my <7.0 app, would these work? And how would I use these for signing BB10 apps?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

The post above is referring to keys used for the BlackBerry PlayBook, which can also be used to sign BlackBerry 10 applications..  The code signing keys for BlackBerry OS 7.x and lower are different than the keys used to sign BlackBerry 10 applications.  You'll need new keys for BlackBerry 10.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker