Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Mobile Developer

Re: Trouble : Headless App after device reboot

i have built in Device-Release ... and i still got the same problem Smiley Sad 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Over on the other thread Royster suggested it may be something to do with BES do you have a Work / Personal BES set up on your phone?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Developer

I have checked from sample app : HeadlessService and HeadlessServiceUI ... when i unplugged device from laptop, and reboot it, the headless is dead and not running again even i rerun again... 

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I'm also experience this problem once in awhile.  Restart the device the Headless won't restart.  A second or even a third reset is required to get the Headless app restarted.

No information from BlackBerry about this problem.

Developer
My Device: P'9981, Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: BT

Hi all, I've popped over from the other thread.

I've been investigating and it is a very strange one.

I have a Z30 (which used to have Balance on it, I've now removed it so it is personal only)

I have a Q10 (which is fully regulated, work only)

Both devices are running the same OS down to the radio stack as per the OS page in Settings --> About. Every version of every component identical (10.2.1.2102 s/w and 10.2.1.2141 os)

The same bar file of my app works at system startup on the Q10, but it does not autostart on the Z30.

I have/had SIM PIN switched on/picture password/BlackBerry Link remote file access enabled, BB Bridge installed on my Z30 (I checked which processes were running and found a couple of extra on the Z30). To rule those out I disabled/uninstalled them. Same thing, no progress with getting it working on the Z30.

Really stuck on this one...

New Developer

Hi everyone, i have tried to export my project and want to create a bar. But I got the warning :

Error: Code signing request failed because [_sys_headless_nostop] in Entry-Point-System-Actions is not allowed.

what I must do to solve this problem?

Retired
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

You'll find this error discussed on these forums using a simple search. For example I found this amongst others:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Error-Code-signing-request-failed-because...

The need to apply for permission to sign your application with _sys_headless_nostop is documented here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/device_platform/headless_apps/create_...

and here's the link to where you can apply:

https://developer.blackberry.com/jam/headless/

Please note it's good practice to open a new topic/question as a new thread rather than add it to an existing thread which is dealing with a different question - in this case this thread is dealing with apparent non-starting of headless apps after a re-boot whilst your question is about signing and permissions.

It's also good practice to search the forums for answers that may already exist to your question before posting a new one.

Highlighted
Developer

jomurray wrote:

You'll find this error discussed on these forums using a simple search. For example I found this amongst others:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Error-Code-signing-request-failed-because...

The need to apply for permission to sign your application with _sys_headless_nostop is documented here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/device_platform/headless_apps/create_...

and here's the link to where you can apply:

https://developer.blackberry.com/jam/headless/

Please note it's good practice to open a new topic/question as a new thread rather than add it to an existing thread which is dealing with a different question - in this case this thread is dealing with apparent non-starting of headless apps after a re-boot whilst your question is about signing and permissions.

It's also good practice to search the forums for answers that may already exist to your question before posting a new one.

I think we all know it isn't the signing key issue but rather the app won't restart on resets.  Others have reported this problem.

Developer
My Device: P'9981, Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: BT

I've had confirmation that this is an OS issue with 10.2.1.

It is to do with the number of headless apps that are installed.

I have several headless apps on one device. My app does not auto start.

My other device, I just have my headless app. The app does start.

On the device where my app didn't start, I uninstalled (or blocked the run in background permission) the other apps, and my app started working as expected.

Apparently it's due to my app taking too long to enter the Application.exec() loop. If it takes longer than 6 seconds, the app does not run.

I have yet to try this out on 10.3, but I will give it a go.
Developer

Royster86 wrote:
I've had confirmation that this is an OS issue with 10.2.1.

It is to do with the number of headless apps that are installed.

I have several headless apps on one device. My app does not auto start.

My other device, I just have my headless app. The app does start.

On the device where my app didn't start, I uninstalled (or blocked the run in background permission) the other apps, and my app started working as expected.

Apparently it's due to my app taking too long to enter the Application.exec() loop. If it takes longer than 6 seconds, the app does not run.

I have yet to try this out on 10.3, but I will give it a go.

Interesting.  I have 5 headless apps and sometimes they all restart and sometimes one doesn't.  I'm on OS10.2.1

I don't understand how an app can delay restart on a reset.  Doesn't the OS just calll all the Headless apps entry point?