Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Trying to make an app for a website

Hi!

I'm trying to make an app for the website reddit.com. The major problem I am enocuntering is basically how to make the app get data from the website. I am a beginner with web app development, all the other examples in the blackberry example apps make sense and I understand how they work, but this process is proving difficult. If anyone can point me in the direction of some resources (the documentation for this area of apps is seriously lacking), I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Trying to make an app for a website

For the use you are saying i would suggest taking a look at http://www.blackberryappgenerator.com/blackberry/appfeeds.jsp if you dotn want to reinvent the wheel. 

PS you wont be allowed to publish reddit stuff unless you have their permission or explictly name your app so that you are not assoicated with reddit.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Trying to make an app for a website

the thing is I  do want to make an app for reddit from the ground up using qml and the cascades library. how would I go about doing that? Thanks for your help!