Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Tutorial on converting gmake/autoconf projects to NDK/Momentics

I'm relatively new to the NDK, but I am Linux developer, and am relatively competent with the gmake and autoconf stuff.

I got as far as building DOSBOX and getting it installed following the instructions on GITHUB.  Creating a project from scratch is quite straight forward, but I'm struggling porting over existing open source components.

I want to move to something more interesting than just re-building what others have ported; like porting an open source SDL application (lbreakout2, defendguin, chromium-bsu), then inserting the accelerometer and touch as input.  There are also lots of OpenGL demos/screensavers out there that might be a good learning curve project.

Quake arena was ported in 4 days according to all the press by those familiar with th tool chain.  Is there a tutorial anywhere on how you guys did this port.

If such docs exist, apologies, but my googling skills haven't found anything.

Cheers,

Todd

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Tutorial on converting gmake/autoconf projects to NDK/Momentics

"I want to move to something more interesting than just re-building what others have ported; like porting an open source SDL application..."

How do you define 'porting' and what 'tool chain' you are looking for documentation?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Tutorial on converting gmake/autoconf projects to NDK/Momentics

Hi, 

You might be interested in having a look at the BlackBerry port of the the SDL library on GitHub.  There were recently some commits that allow building using the autoconf tools and then deploying to device via shell scripts.

Regards, 

Anthony