Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha, Z10
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Unable to determine returned PID from launch when running on device 10.2 IDE 2.0

dielsonsales, do not use green "Run"/"Debug" button on the control pane of IDE because by my observation it will resets changes in the 'Deployment' section Smiley Sad
Run/Debug your app from menu 'Run'>'Run Configurations...' and hit 'Run' button. If you hit "Run"/"Debug" button on the control pane then you'll need set and save 'Install application BAR file' option again.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Unable to determine returned PID from launch when running on device 10.2 IDE 2.0

Yeah.. Mine randomly resets sometimes also. 

Although my solution does deal with this issue, it would be nice to get a full resolution.. From what I can gather its definately application specific, and only happens on 'Big' apps that take a bit longer to start. I guess we are hitting some sort of timeout for the app to report back to the IDE.. Maybe selecting 'Install Bar File' speeds up launch just that little bit quicker.. Just a theory

Might try and build a small app to replicate this, so we can get it reported properly

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I am hitting this issue as well. It is very frustrating and seems to definitely be related to size of the bar file. If the bar contains a large number of assets such as embedded mp4 files, etc the ide seems to timeout, although the bar seems to get installed correctly.

Setting the "install bar file" works but does not seem to persist. With this setting, the app takes a lot longer to deploy and run. In my case it  sits at about 78% for a good 30 seconds before moving on.

BlackBerry if you are still monitoring these forums please spend some time and fix these issues.