Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
07-24-2012 03:55 PM
Can you make sure that the Blackberry Device Manager on your MAC is running? If you disconnect the device and it is still running, try to force-close the app and give it another shot;
07-27-2012 11:33 AM
hey Martin, by Blackberry device manager, do you mean the blackberry desktop software that the device suggests me to download from blackberry.com/desktop ?
If so, yes... I had done that already & it is not working.
07-27-2012 01:17 PM
Yes, the same application running the popup asking for your password when you connect your device (if you have one setup); make sure you try killing it before restarting the processis what I was saying;
Another long shot: are you certain the usb cable is functional? usb port?
07-30-2012 05:17 AM
This USB port & the usb cable work fine as the BB dev alpha device gets the prompt that its connected & gives me the option to dismiss that msg.
I uninstalled the older software & installed one from https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10deval
07-30-2012 01:35 PM
This is puzzling -
If you made sure that:
1) Development mode is enabled on the device (under settings)
2) The Blackberry Device Manager detects the device (pop-up displayed when connecting)
3) You enter the proper password on the Blackberry Device Manager on popup (not in Momentics yet)
4) Debug tokens are deployed on the device and active (in the same screen as above)
5) you enter the password for the device in Momentics when detected
The device should be discovered, detected and connected. You can also try to flash your device back to initial settings and see if that will work;
Can you confirm that you have completed these? If you have and are still having issues, it would be best to create an Issue in the issue tracker, listing each specific steps you performed up until the auto-discovery process which fails for you.
07-30-2012 03:04 PM
07-30-2012 03:18 PM
1. When you say your device is not being detected by your mac at all, this means there are no Device Manager popups showing anymore?
2. (This will sound redundant but will ask anyway because it has happened to me) Have you confirmed that the Device Manager was not still running in a "Not Responding" state when you goto "Force Quit" Applications menu on your machine? That will keep it from being properly detected;
07-30-2012 03:23 PM
Also, still not sure about your position on trying to flash your device back to 10.6 using the Device Manager as I mentioned earlier; have you tried this yet?
07-30-2012 04:22 PM
07-30-2012 05:41 PM
The app is not frozen Martin,
about the flashing device back to 10.6 using the device manager... if you mean on the Mac's BB desktop management software, it is not detecting the device, so can't do that, however I have been to security, security wiped the device, it still is not being detected,
Thanks mreed, I did change that to connect to mac already, no Joy :/