02-14-2012 03:55 PM
p.s: belive me, this deploying procedure is a real HELL
No, I do not believe, sorry.
Do not overcomplicate simple things. QT Library github repo has very nice script called configure-qsk. So,
./configure-qsk arm v7le make make install
and you have QT libraries ready to be deployed to Playbook.
./configure-qsk x86 make make install
and you have QT libraries ready to be deployed to Simulator.
That is it.
02-14-2012 04:02 PM
there is no configure-qsk in the qt-qnx source folder... maybe a typo?
or maybe it was: ./configure -qsk arm v71e
and: ./configure -qsk x86 ?
Thanks for your help.
02-14-2012 04:11 PM
Oh sorry, I was using this file https://github.com/downloads/blackberry/Qt/qt-qnx-
not the source code from the git repository. I'll try with latest code from git, thanks.
02-14-2012 05:19 PM
I didn't miss that command (by the way my installation is in /opt/bbndk so I did: source /opt/bbndk/bbndk-env.sh )
so the problem must be another one. I'm now trying to compile the sources taken directly form the Git repository and I'm using the configure options you told me to use: ./configure-qsk x86
It will take a bit before completing, I'll update you with the result.
Thanks for now.
02-14-2012 05:23 PM
I thought that you missed it because according to your logs configure uses g++ but should be using qcc from NDK installation folder. I would start from scratch. Remove everything, clone the repo from github, source bla-bla, ./configure-qsk etc...
02-14-2012 06:17 PM
I've followed these instructions to be able to build the x86 target and I finally was able to build it http://hecgeek.blogspot.com/2011/10/qt-for-blackbe
then I tried again with qt-creator-qnx to create another application, setting all the project configuration.
The building phase is ok: the proper x86 target is used. The deploy is fine too.
But.... when I run the application on the device I still get an error ("Error 9" this time....).
I've a couple of questions:
1) in these instructions it says to copy the qt4 file in the deploy directory ecc... of course I did it with the x86 one, not with the armv7 one http://cloud.github.com/downloads/blackberry/Qt/qn
2) why the example here is very different from the previous one http://hecgeek.blogspot.com/2011/10/qt-for-blackbe
Thanks again for your help.
02-14-2012 08:12 PM
The problem is you are mixing different things... -(
Try to start with something simple - follow http://hecgeek.blogspot.com/2011/10/qt-for-blackbe
The more you do the more you understand the process and can avoid obvious errors (like platforms mismatch).
PS: time to write more turorials...