Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: User Accounts

[ Edited ]

You could do that but it might be a bit unwieldy, and not really designed for the job. If I was doing it I'd probably look at running a MySQL server and then using QSqlDatabase to query it.

As for passwords, just make sure you only store one-way hashes off-device. Nothing that can be decrypted to plaintext if somebody gets ahold of the user details.

The stuff you need to duplicate locally on the device can be sent from the database as XML and then read via XmlDataAccess.

slashkyle wrote:

I do want to run it on a server and I was thinking it would be easier to use a webview and web based code to interact with it if that's possible

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.