Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Using the paired bluetooth device for audio

I am using audio_manager_set_handle_type() to set the input/output to

AUDIO_DEVICE_BT_SCO but I still don't consistently get BT audio. I can change the values to have the audio go to the loudspeaker or regular speaker and also the earphone but BT seems a bit unpredictable. I find that if I plug in the earphone and then unplug it the audio will then automatically go to the BT device but before that my call to audio_manager_set_handle_type() seems to be ignored (even though returning success).

Another thing I noticed is that the events I receive to notify me that the devices have changed (i.e.

audiodevice_event_get_device()) only arrive with the newly connected device (as per

audiodevice_get_details()). I don't get notified when a device is disconnected. As an example, when I plug in the earphone I get an AUDIODEVICE_DEVICE_HEADSET connected event, and when I then unplug the earphone I get an event saying the SPEAKER is connected. I don't get a HEADSET disconnected event.

I am using a Z10 with a recent update (not the latest that came out today).