Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: hutch

Want to make system module in BB10, is it possible like in java sdks of BB?

Hello All,

I was making applications for Blackberry in my past on java platform and also continuing for previous versions of blackberry. Recently I had started to learn BB10 and selected native sdk for development.

I need small help from you guys.

Can any body please tell me that , is it possible to make system module like we were creating in previous BB os?

If yes, how can i make it?

and please also guide me , how can i listen for event in my application in BB 10?

Like i am unlocking my bb 10 device and i am passing my password, how can I get this event in my running system module?

Thanks & Regards

Nrupay Shah

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Want to make system module in BB10, is it possible like in java sdks of BB?

If by "system module" you mean something like a background service (or just "service", which is probably what they'll be called on BB10 once we have them), then you can't do it yet. There's no support for that in any of the documented APIs.

Also: I'm not sure what you would want with the password, but obviously anything to do with that would be a security exploit so you wouldn't be allowed to do it. If all you wanted was to be informed when the device was brought out of standby, or unlocked, there are already events for that.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!