09-10-2013 11:52 AM
I ended up getting about 2.5x improvement simply from going from XmlDataAccess to SqlDataAccess, 15 seconds to 6 seconds. For a little extra context, my raw data in an SQLite database is 631kb. As XML it was ~3.5MB over a few different files.
I got additional speed improvements on the SQL load, bringing my load time to under 1 second, which I've deemed acceptable so I've quit working on speeding it up. (I think this improvement was making sure the database stayed open betwee queries, but I can't recall exactly).
Very interesting to hear qsqlquery with forwardonly=true is so much faster. It obviously makes sense, since that eliminates a ton of work on the DB end. It would be nice to see a few more options like this propogated to SqlDataAccess.