Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Wi-Fi Direct-ion Sample -- Problems making

I'm having problems making the Wi-Fi Direct-ion sample found in the github community samples.  This is the one MSohm put together and wrote about recently on the Developer Blog.

I get an error message shown below.  I'm currently on

Momentics® IDE for BlackBerry
Version: 2.0
Build id: v201310251603

with the API level set at 10.2.

I imported the sample as instructed in the readme file and made no modifications to any files.  I simply went straight to build.

Any ideas as to what I should try in order to resolve this?  Thanks.

Partial console output below with error messages bolded.:

`C:/BB10_Samples/BB10_Training/Github_community_zi/Cascades-Community-Samples-master/Cascades-Community-Samples-master/WiFiDirect-ion/arm'
qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/BB_10/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/BB_10/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/BB_10/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -o o.le-v7-g/WiFiDirect_ion     -LC:/BB_10/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -LC:/BB_10/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -LC:/BB_10/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -LC:/BB_10/target_10_2_0_1155/qnx6//usr/lib/qt4/lib -lbbdevice -lbbsystem -lbb -lbbcascades -lQtDeclarative -lQtScript -lQtSvg -lQtSql -lsqlite3 -lz -lQtXmlPatterns -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lsocket -lQtCore -lm -lbps
cc: no files to process
make[2]: *** [o.le-v7-g/WiFiDirect_ion] Error 1
make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
make: *** [Device-Debug] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/BB10_Samples/BB10_Training/Github_community_zi/Cascades-Community-Samples-master/Cascades-Community-Samples-master/WiFiDirect-ion/arm'
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/BB10_Samples/BB10_Training/Github_community_zi/Cascades-Community-Samples-master/Cascades-Community-Samples-master/WiFiDirect-ion/arm'

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Wi-Fi Direct-ion Sample -- Problems making

Did you try to clean the project?  Right click on the project and choose Build Configurations -> Clean All then try to build again.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer

[ Edited ]

Yes, I've tried cleaning a few times.

It's odd.  I have received the same errors on other example projects that I've imported, and after several attempts, have been able to get them to work (somehow, someway).  On others, I get the same results as I mentioned in my OP.

For this particular example, I haven't been able to make it work on my laptop (Vista no internet access) but have been successful with my desktop (Win7 + internet).  Perhaps it's the operating system or lack of internet.

Thanks.  And BTW, thanks also for the sample.  I'm keenly interested in WiFi Direct.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

How did you import the project?  Did you use "General -> Existing Projects into Workspace" or "BlackBerry -> Existing Projects into Workspace"?  This project is designed to be imported using the first option.

Glad to hear you've found the sample useful.  Smiley Happy

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer

I don't remember.  When I have time, I'll go back and try it again.  I'm back from vacation and on my desktop now.  I'll report back when I have time.

Also, I did try it between my DAC and Q10.  It works!  Nice to have a starting point.