Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 990
My Carrier: AT&T

WiFi light controller for Blackberry

We're tyring to fund a Blackberry WiFi light controller SDK for Blackberry.  If there is developer interest please visit http://kck.st/VeCPlL to view the proposed project.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: WiFi light controller for Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Looks interesting, but wouldn't it make more sense to use existing, industry-wide standards such as DMX?

With DMX it is possible to mix hardware and software from many manufacturers. A proprietery standard wouldn't stand a  chance in the pro lighting market (home automation, theatre, music, architecture). With respect, without a standard like DMX this wouldn't be much more than a gadget/novelty item.

There are already solutions out there that offer similar features: smartphone/tablet/laptop DMX controller software, wifi-DMX bridges, DMX controllable LED strips. What makes this product unique?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands