Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Windows 8 Issues

Hi All

Has anyone managed to install the BB10 Simulator on Windows 8 Pro?  It seems to run but there are no icons on the simulator (setup etc). I have re-installed the VM image but no difference.

When I build and deploy my app to the simulator it runs but there seem to be charatcers missing from the display and I can't type into a text field.

Another issue is that there is no QML preview available - error says glGetProcAddress_win32 failed.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Windows 8 Issues

I have resolved the QML preview issue.  Basically when I installed Windows 8 on my Windows 7 PC I did a fresh install (format drive etc). Windows 8 had installed its own video driver which seems to have caused the problem. I downloaded the correct driver from dell (even though it was the windows 7 driver) and installed. Re-started QNX and it worked Smiley Happy

The dev simulator is still playing up though. It starts up but there are no default icons on the device screen (settings etc). When I deploy my app to the simulator it acts weird.