Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Z30 viewport scalling

[ Edited ]

Hello good people there,

I am currently developing an application in which (in WebView) I need to use a certain value of viewport's initial-scale (in order to zoom out some otherwise too huge details of a map and other content). I own the Z10 but unfortunately not the Z30, so I cannot find the proper values to use with the Z30 so that the content still properly fills the screen.  The SDK simulator is of no help in this case, because it returns completely different viewport size values than on real devices (e.g. the real Z10 is 571x343 while the simulator returns 633x380), so it makes it impossible to properly test anything.

I've got a huge request: 

Can someone please open the following web page in his Z30:

Check viewport sizes

and post here "Current screen"  SCREEN.WIDTH and SCREEN.HEIGHT values, or simply a screenshot of it?

Thank you VERY much in advance!

===

Edit: Really no one to help? 

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Z30 viewport scalling

Fortunately, people on Crackberry forums were much more helpful and I got two replies within A MINUTE from posting.

I'm reposting it here in case someone else needs it in the future.

Z30 viewport size:

- SCREEN.HEIGHT: 688

- SCREEN.WIDTH: 387

Z10 viewport size:

- SCREEN.HEIGHT: 571

- SCREEN.WIDTH: 343

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z30 viewport scalling

I never had any luck getting someone to assist me with their Z30 on here either.... Good thing there's CrackBerry!