Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry SDK developer using blackberry simulater as target
My Carrier: N/A

blackberry native sdk and eclipse

When I install native sdk, in folder C:\bbndk-2.0.0\host\win32\x86\usr\qde you will see folder eclipse which indicate thet native sdk is an eclipse on target. My question is there a native sdk plugin that can be used on eclipse such as on android found on here https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/tool/.

Or vice versa is there a way where i can use eclipse plugin to be installed on native sdk so I can run java codes on it that will be used on blackberry simulator

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: blackberry native sdk and eclipse

Currently no to all of the above.  You need to use separate instances of Eclipse.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
My Device: PlayBook

Theoretically you can install JDT and Android plugins into native IDE instance (using bbndk-admin launcher instead of standard one) but we never tested it

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

I managed to install all my plugins for Momentics but failed to configure a launcher which can start a native application. Well, I have yet to test all features, but all those show up just fine. I can create an Android debug target or a Java launcher. I guess there must be a way to configure the default CDT launcher to allow a C++ native app start. Reinstalling CDT might work, but I do not want to risk breaking my PB launcher.

The modules I have installed:

- Android SDK

- Native Java SDK

- Blackberry Android Plugin (need to test this)

- Tcl plugin

- XML editors

- Lua

- GLSL shader editor

They seem to work fine. You need to install those in Momentics and not the other way round. But Momentics is a modificed 3.7 Eclipse framework - so all Indigo plugins should work just fine.

I can compile all my targets using MinGW, however I can't debug them without being able to configure a native C++ application launcher. Maybe someone knows how to add a custom launcher in Eclipse?

Thanks

J

BTW: A short note: This is a nice debugger running under windows which you could use instead the built in Eclipse debugger. It runs just fine with MinGW: http://code.google.com/p/beaverdbg/