Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BB 9105
My Carrier: Vodafone

bring blackberry 10 screen to foreground

Hi,

Is there anyway to bring BB 10 application to foreground and maximise it? I am writing an application and I am able to capture the event when app is being minimized, and I need the app to cover full screen. 

Regards,

Brsengar

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: bring blackberry 10 screen to foreground

There's no exposed API to let third-party apps do this.

The supported approach for now is for you to alert the user, possibly using the Notifications system, and let the user choose when and whether to bring the app back to the foreground.

If this is about "kiosk mode" then you might want to check in Jira to see if there's a public Feature Request for that. Numerous people have asked for it in the past, so presumably by now somebody has filed one that's not marked private. If you find one, you can vote for it or add a comment. If you don't... create one!

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I am able to do it on older BB platforms (5/6/7) but having issues with the new BB 10.

Well, it is about 'kiosk mode'. Who is Jira and how to contact them?

One more thing, If I can start one application from another application, that might be workaround. I mean I can start other application whenever first one is minimizing or going in background.

Regards,

Braj

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Jira is the Developer Issue Tracker, sorry. Link at bottom of any page under http://developer.blackberry.com.

Your idea with the "tag-team" approach (ala professional wrestling) is a very clever one. ;-) I'm sure it will have its own difficulties but it's devious enough that you should get an award for thinking of it. Let us know how it works out! :-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Thanks for reply Peter and I like to term 'professional wrestling', I will look for the issues in Jira. 

My company has tie-up with Blackberry so may be I can get access to some private APIs to solve the problem (avoid professional wrestling). I will keep the forum updated

Brsengar