Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: LE / DevAlphaC
My Carrier: vodafone

building imported projects fails

hey guys 

what ever project i import into cascades it fails at building.

the error i get is in the bar discriptor

device-coverage

simulator-profile

simolator-profile

cleaning up the project does not help 

any idea how to solve this problem and being able to run sample apps from github again on my testing device?

interested in current apps?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/58298
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: building imported projects fails

Quite often you can ignore the errors in the bar-descriptor as they are just missing assets or 'unbuilt' libraries/.so files that you are not currently linking for that current build configuration.

However feel free to post your bar-descriptor and someone will look it over.

What's more important is the errors you get in the console window, if you do get any, post those to.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Developer

14:02:28 **** Build of configuration Device-Coverage for project tabbi22 ****

make -j3 Device-Debug 

make -C .//translations -f Makefile update

cd arm && /Applications/bbndk/host_10_1_0_235/darwin/x86/usr/bin/qmake -spec blackberry-armv7le-qcc ../tabbi.pro CONFIG+=debug_and_release CONFIG+=device

make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/translations'

/Applications/bbndk/host_10_1_0_235/darwin/x86/usr/bin/lupdate tabbi.pro

Updating 'tabbi.ts'...

Found 11 source text(s) (0 new and 11 already existing)

make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/translations'

make -C .//translations -f Makefile release

make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/translations'

/Applications/bbndk/host_10_1_0_235/darwin/x86/usr/bin/lrelease tabbi.pro

Updating '/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/translations/tabbi.qm'...

Generated 0 translation(s) (0 finished and 0 unfinished)

Ignored 11 untranslated source text(s)

make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/translations'

make -C ./arm -f Makefile debug

make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/arm'

make -f Makefile.Debug

make[2]: Entering directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/arm'

qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -Wl,-rpath-link,/Applications/bbndk/target_10_1_0_2354/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/Applications/bbndk/target_10_1_0_2354/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/Applications/bbndk/target_10_1_0_2354/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -o o.le-v7-g/tabbi     -L/Applications/bbndk/target_10_1_0_2354/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -L/Applications/bbndk/target_10_1_0_2354/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -L/Applications/bbndk/target_10_1_0_2354/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -L/Applications/bbndk/target_10_1_0_2354/qnx6//usr/lib/qt4/lib -lbbdata -lbbcascades -lQtDeclarative -lQtScript -lQtSvg -lQtSql -lsqlite3 -lz -lQtXmlPatterns -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lsocket -lQtCore -lm -lbps 

cc: no files to process

make[2]: Leaving directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/arm'

make[2]: *** [o.le-v7-g/tabbi] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/georgphilipperasmusheise/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/tabbi2/arm'

make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2

make: *** [Device-Debug] Error 2

Developer

Do you have an unusual folder structure, such as putting your source files in a subfolder or elsewhere as they are not being found?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

Can you screenshot your project structure?

New Developer

nop everything is normal - it has been working some weeks ago and I haven't changed anything since.

I also have this problem when I am importing sample from github 

imported --> build --> building failed with the same error i explained above