Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

camera_set_photo_property - CAMERA_IMGPROP_ROTATION return camera_error - 22 in 10.2

Hi,

camera_set_photo_property - CAMERA_IMGPROP_ROTATION return camera_error_t 22 in OS 10.2. in OS 10.1 it works fine. 

camera_error_t - 22 how to resolve this error? because of this error my image is displayed as 90 degree rotated on left side. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: camera_set_photo_property - CAMERA_IMGPROP_ROTATION return camera_error - 22 in 10.2

can you confirm what camera_get_photo_rotations() reports as supported?

uint32_t rotations[4];
int num;
camera_get_photo_rotations(handle, CAMERA_FRAMETYPE_JPEG, false, 4, &num, rotations, NULL);

what is returned for num, and what values are returned in the rotations[] array?

Some hardware cannot physically rotate image buffers.  What specific hardware are you testing on? (in settings->about, what is the Model Number?)

On devices where the image buffer cannot be rotated, you can still indicate that the orientation should be encoded in the EXIF orientation tag using camera_set_device_orientation().

Cheers,

Sean

Developer
My Device: Red Z10

Re: camera_set_photo_property - CAMERA_IMGPROP_ROTATION return camera_error - 22 in 10.2

I have an STL 100-3 and the latest leak & the issue is still present, I filed a ticket on this a while ago and it is still under investigation

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1685?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpane...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PRIV

[ Edited ]

STL100-3 definitely does not have rotatable photo pixel buffers.

Only STL100-1 supports this today.

That being said, the EXIF orientation data should be correct if you call either camera_set_device_orientation() or you use the cascades Camera control.  (though I am following up on that second case right now internally).