Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

client server application

HI,

I was just wondering thta how we can decide that to develop application on BB 10 which method to use. I am confused where to use NDK..where to use Webworks sdk and where to use Adobe AIR SDK... where to use casecades development.

for an example, i have an application which was developed in previous bb os versions like BB 7. it involves complex client server interaction with download and upload functionality which uses Httpsecure connection and http multipartconnection. Please suggest if i am going to develop this application on BB 10 then should i develop in BB 10 NDK or BB 10 webworks sdk or BB 10 Adobe AIR SDK or casecading development ?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: MTS

Re: client server application

Hi amardeepjaiman,

I'd choose NDK or Cascades. They are the most powerful and productive kits.

Advantages:

1. NDK: performance, POSIX.
2. Cascades: GUI + advantages of NDK.
3. WebWorks: compatible with both BBOS and BB10.
4. Android: crossplatfom.

Also you can make choice with reference to your personal preference depending on your knowledge.
Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I think you mean Adobe AIR: crossplatform.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I think Cascade is very good for all the requirement you mentioned. As Cascade is develpoed from very good framework called qt.  Cascade has all functionality which qt is givinng. To make a UI in cascade it is very easy like you just need to drag and drop component into your qml file. You can also take benefit of all native SDK