Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: none

crash in camera_ipc_releasebuf

I used camera api in my project, and my project crashed several times, the debug trace is only have a readable info: camera_ipc_releasebuf, is anyone know what may cause this crash?

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: crash in camera_ipc_releasebuf

What device are you testing with and what version of the BlackBerry 10 OS is it running? I just searched our issue tracking system and cannot find any mention of "camera_ipc_releasebuf". Are you certain the route cause is in there?

What error do you see on crash?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
New Contributor

I use "Dev Alpha B" for testing, OS version is 10.1.0.273.As I said before, not any more info, when crash I can only see app stopped at "camera_ipc_releasebuf", I don't know what may cause this crash, maybe is my code or not, anyway I have no method to locate it, can you give me some help?
Retired

Hi

"stopped" and "crashed" are not necessarily the same thing. Is your application exiting? Or does it just stop (i.e. block) when calling camera_ipc_releasebuf?

If it crashes and you are running from Momentics with the device plugged in over USB, if you wait a while you should see an error such as SIGSEGV in the console window.

You can also check for a core dump; from Momentics, go into the QNX System Information perspective and from there into the Target File System Navigator. Find your app in the Sandboxes folder and look in its log/s directory. Or use ssh and go to /accounts/1000/appdata/<YOUR_APP>/logs and look there. a ".core" file is a core dump. Copy the file to your PC.

Use the Post-mortem debugger capability (look in Debug Configurations and create a config of that type) to establish which code generated the core dump.

But the first step is to get any message from the console... paste it here and I'll try to help.

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
New Contributor

Thanks Martin,it's a crash,i mean that when crash the trace stop at camera_ipc_realeasebuf,I'll do like you say,if there have more info I'll refresh content
Highlighted
Retired

OK, thanks for clarifying :-)