Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: asif

hello every one i m developing a blackberry app 

my app crash when data source load in a listview

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: asif

Re: crash

Process 72888548 (Zoogme) terminated SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=794d634c(/base/usr/lib/qt4/lib/libQtCore.so.4.8.5@_ZN9QIODevice5writeEPKcx+0x17) mapaddr=000d634c. ref=0000004c bdslot=1

this error is showing in console

help me 

Regular Contributor
My Device: non-blackberry user
My Carrier: Airtel

Hello asifmunir,

It will be very difficult to tell from what you have mentioned here.

I will advice to do a little bit of debugf or log your flow somewhere and then ask something specific to the forum !!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

SIGSEGV is most likely caused by a pointer that is not initialised. Add some qDebug() statements to your C++ code and use this to narrow down exactly where the SIGSEGV is being generated and from that figure out what variable/pointer is uninitialised or has an incorrect value.

Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Sending PMs to people is unlikely to help, by all means include the code in that PM here for others to look at.

Learning to debug your code yourself will come in useful as you code.

It is a lot harder for us to debug by forum (without full code and momentics many debugging tools) than directly by you with the full running code in front of you.

Please start here...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.