Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

sjt
New Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

debugtokenrequest error: not yet registered to request debug tokens

Hi,

I've created many debug tokens manually in the past, but now I get the "debugtokenrequest error: not yet registered to request debug tokens" error.

My C:\Users\dev\AppData\Local\Research In Motion folder contains barsigner.csk, barsigner.db and my .p12 files - the p12 file seems fine as I just signed and uploaded an application into draft mode.

The debug token request is the same as the many others I've created ( just CutnPaste )

I read some of the other comments on this subject , but seems an error with many causes.

Anybody had this error and solved it ?

Cheers

steve

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: -

Re: debugtokenrequest error: not yet registered to request debug tokens

Try looking through this thread on expired debug tokens and faulty .p12 files.

----------------------------------------
Remember to mark the thread as solved at the post that solved your problem, and if you like a post, like it!
sjt
New Contributor

Hi thanks,

yeah I saw that thread thanks, but on checking my barsigner.db I have both an RDK and PBDT entry in the file, looking at when in was genearated I've been using this to generate debugtokens since sept 2011 but the last request was a few months back.

So I'm thinking maybe something server side :/

Cheers

Steve

sjt
New Contributor

Just to add, if I leave out the .p12 file I get the same error, or if I ask for a .p12 file that doesn't exist then again the same error ( not a very useful error message ), so I'm thinking the .p12 file is fine but the rim tools cant find it ? it's on the same path as it's always been but the PC has been upgraded to win 8 pro from win 7 pro since the last debug token request.

Come to think of it the signer was giving me this error

"barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain."

But signing using Maralade which points to my .p12 file and the password works fine.

Guess uninstall the RIM SDK and re install ? but I rather not go through all that :/

Cheers 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

In the BlackBerry Native SDK, click on the Window menu, choose Preferences then expand BlackBerry and choose Signing.  Does it show the correct author.p12 file and that the keys are registered?

If it does check the permissions on the directory that stores the keys.  I've seen cases where those were sent wrong after upgrading to Windows 8, which prevented our tools from accessing the key files.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
sjt
New Contributor

thanks, not quite a permission thing but having to looking in the folder I can see the barsigner.db was zero bytes, opened it up and it was empty, just replaced it with the back up.

It seems the upgrade had created an empty file ?

Odd but now debug token created, the signing was working because I was using the backup anyway for that in the marmalade deploy tool.

Cheers for that.

Steev