Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z30 running 10.2 and Playbook 4GLTE running OS2.1
My Carrier: rogers

error downloading debug symbols?

hi all,

trying to download the debug symbols, and I get the following error:

There was an error updating SDK. Press the Details button to review the error.
  SDK Install or Update Operation operation failed: An error occurred while installing the items
    An error occurred while installing the items
      session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]bbndk.win32.runtime.10.2.0.1803 1.0.0, action=com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.actions.SdkManagerInstallAction).
      oversubscribed dynamic bit lengths tree
    An error occurred while installing the items
      session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]bbndk.win32.runtime.10.2.0.1803 1.0.0, action=com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.actions.SdkManagerInstallAction).

I'm coding against 10.1.0.4828, but my device (a real Z30, not a test device) is running 10.2.0.1803.

I'm using 10.1 because 10.2 hasn't made it out to most users yet, and I'd like to make my apps available to as many users as possible.

Am I dumb?

thx,

J

bron: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10
http://apps.oddelement.com
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: error downloading debug symbols?

Hi oddboy,

Your debug symbol is not matching with the device Z10 running on 10.2.  One solution is to use 10.1 simulater to debug your app.  Also, 10.2.1 is recentely released so you can check if the new OS is avaialbe for your target region so you can download the debug symbol for Z30 device. Let us know if you have more questions.

Good luck with your app! Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------
Hope this was helpful. Happy Coding!
EK @echotown