Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodaphone

gameplay-encoder not compiling

Hey guys, im trying to compile gameplay-encoder isnt compiling for me, first error I get is "Error    17    error C2065: 'FbxCamera' : undeclared identifier   FBXSceneEncoder.cpp    18", would anyone know what is wrong?

and if it wouldnt be to much trouble, could someone post an already compiled encoder?

Retired
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Re: gameplay-encoder not compiling

Based on the error code, I assume Visual Studio?

I have not played with this library, but the first things I would try are:

1. Did you accidentally edit the file?   Or did you copy that message by hand? According to http://compilr.com/tijnema/gameplay-encoder/FBXSceneEncoder.cpp the variable should be KFbxCamera.

2. Find which include files make the declarations (either full definition or just declare it as a class.)   Explicitly make a forward declaration and see what happens.  If you didn't inadvertently touch the code, perhaps there is a Microsoft-ism.

3. Check if you are supposed to do something with USE_FBX

Stuart

Retired
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Did you solve your issue?

(I'm expecting it's solution #1 unless you typed the error message)

If so, please mark a post as solution, or follow up with what your solution was and mark that as solution.

If not, can you give any additional information?

Stuart

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hey Stuart,

I was just saw your reply, Im using ndk 2, and I havent edited the file, ill redownload and recompile and see what happens.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: PB 32
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

I know this is old but, for anybody else with the issue, there's a prebuild gameplay-encoder in version 1.4.0. It supports FBX as well.