05-12-2014 12:38 AM
this is some general feedback on things that i think would really speed up my development time
1. add option to not auto-disable development mode on a device when restarted
2. debug token should be completely hidden away from me. i.e. i should never see it
3. when debugging it takes a long time from the time to swtich to debug layout to actually debugging. if there was some percentage indicator of what it is doing (i.e. what i am waiting for) and how long i have to wait
4. option to not stop at first line of main function.
5. when copying files to device. would be nice if there was a percentage indicator.
6. option to "save passwords"
7. option to not need blackberry link installed on computer in order to use device for debugging.
8. pariing should take shorter amount of time
05-14-2014 08:35 AM - edited 05-14-2014 08:36 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Some of these are supported today. I'll pass the rest of the feedback along to the Product Manager.
2. Momentics should take care creating a debug token and uploading it to the device for you. If you have multiple devices I've found it to work better to have a single debug token with all PINs included, instead of a debug token for every device.
4. There is. This is configured in your Debug Configuration and enabled by default. To change it right click on your project and choose Debug As, Debug Configurations, click on the Debugger tab and uncheck "Stop on startup at:".
6. There should be a "Save Password" or "Remember Password" checkbox under the device and signing password fields. Which password are you referring to?
05-19-2014 03:11 AM
2. it does take of creating and uploading a debug token, however it asks me PLUS if there is a problem with the debug token a. it doesn't give me any feedback about the error and b. doesn't auto create a new debug token for me.
for example i had a time zone problem and my debug token was not valid on the device. momentics just told me "an error occurred debugging" or similiar.
6. save password... password to enable developer mode, password for device in bblink, password for device in momentics.
all my devices are in a lab, and never leaving the lab. all passwords are taped to the back of device. so if they get stolen for some reason the thief has the passwords. entering any password is just a development inconvience for me.
4. tyvm! really appreciate it.