Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: AirTel
Accepted Solution

getting problem when starting native/cascades sdk beta- "QML preview is not available"

hello friends,

when i am starting native/cascades sdk beta(latest version). It showing a error message "QML previw is not available". I am attaching the screen shot of this also. And my PC has no external graphics card.

Please tell me why i am getting this message?

Thanks & Regards,

dinesh

Developer

Re: getting problem when starting native/cascades sdk beta- "QML preview is not available"

and at native sdk when i am working on .qml, the options "design mode", "Horizontal Split Mode" and "Vertical Split Mode" are also not working.
Retired
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: getting problem when starting native/cascades sdk beta- "QML preview is not available"

Hello dinesh,

It sounds like you do not have a graphics device that supports preview mode. You need to have a reasonably modern graphics chipset with sufficient openGL support to use the live preview in Momentics. Specifics can be found in the "Cascades Builder" section at https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/download/releasenotes/. Unfortunately, unless you upgrade your graphics card,  you will probably have to use the simulator or a device to view your UI.

Tim

Developer
My Device: PlayBook & STL100-1 LE Z10 & Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telefonica Spain

Timvito, why not to elaborate a list with knowed unsupported graphic cards?  ( a wiki list make by revs, of course).

This problem is very annoying. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Leandro Cerdan - Duantox Apps
BlackBerry Elite dev
TapyHold, Built for Blackberry multimedia scrapbook
Developer

Hello timvito,

Thanks for reply,

Can u provide us minimum requirement of graphics card by memory/version/manufecturer.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh Aggarwal

Retired
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Hey Dinesh and blackqtcoder,

The QML preview requires a graphics card that supports 3-D acceleration and OpenGL 2.0 support., so that would be nVidia Geforce FX (5) and up, and ATi Radeon HD 2xxx series and up. More information about whether specific chipsets have opengl 2.0 support can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units.

Tim

Developer
My Device: PlayBook & STL100-1 LE Z10 & Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telefonica Spain

Thanks, timvito. We love you ;-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leandro Cerdan - Duantox Apps
BlackBerry Elite dev
TapyHold, Built for Blackberry multimedia scrapbook
Highlighted
Developer

thanks timvito, have a nice day!