Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: how to deploy a build to other's device

coolneo wrote:

nope never tried i always give release builds to my customer !! I think BB World should incorporate features where i can privately share builds with customers like we have in Windows Market Place.

Please pardon me if we already have that feature !!

We do have this feature, and it's how I share builds (signed) with my clients as well.

Basically you create your product entry in the vendor portal, then add a release. Upload your *signed* .bar file and save it but don't submit it yet. It should stay as a "draft" release.

Then add your client's BBID email as a "sandbox" account under the appropriate menu. Now have them turn on Development Mode in their device settings (under Security), then run the BlackBerry World app. In BBWorld, top-swipe and go to the app's settings menu. It should show a page for Development Mode. On that page, enter the product code (generally an 8-digit decimal number) or the app's SKU number (both of which are found on the main product management page for the app in the vendor portal). That should let them view the app's non-public entry in BBWorld, and download the app.

Note that the first time you add a draft release this way it may take several hours for the entry to become visible. Check it on your own device (after adding your own BBID in a sandbox account) before telling your client they can download it.

To update the file, just edit the Draft release and upload a new .bar file, deleting the old one, and save again. You don't need to create a new Draft entry for each one you test this way.

I think that covers the process. Test it yourself.. it's not difficult.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Regular Contributor
My Device: non-blackberry user
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: how to deploy a build to other's device

Yes this seems cool , i will try this from now onwards !!