Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 9700

in app advertisements for playbook Os 2.0 or Higher

hi,

My application is native c++ application using OpenGl Es2 on Playbook Os 2.0, i want to implement advertisements in my app.

i doesn't find any advertisement api for playbook .Ad api from RIM is available for only Java and web apps. 

but i have seen advertisements in several Games, how other developers implement ads. or which ad networks supports playbook Apps.?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: in app advertisements for playbook Os 2.0 or Higher

There is no official Ad SDK for the PlayBook currently so any apps using in-app advertisements would have needed to use a third-party solution. It may be worth posting this question to the @BlackBerryDev Twitter channel to see if any folks out there could suggest a good SDK to use.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Retired
My Device: Dev Alpha

Hi,

meanwhile, I would suggest to stay tuned on the next release, the information below is available on the RoadMap section:

Advertising

This API helps you create additional opportunities to monetize your app. It provides the ability to register an app to use the Ad Service to display banner and splash ads, and create hot links to keyword advertising.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/download/roadmap/

Retired

Only for the Cascades Framework, for non-Cascades C/C++ applications this will be available for BlackBerry 10 soon but has been delayed from the September tools release.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Thanks for ur reply, i got the points. sorry ,but  again i got little confused :: my game is about to publish and for advertisement support Do i will need to port on cascades or BB10 , while my target is Playbook for now.and after porting to cascade ,will  it run on playbook?

Retired

Cascades is only supported on BlackBerry 10 at this time. If you would like to target PlayBook then you would need to seek out a third-party advertising solution that integrates with OpenGL. 

We should have a solution for OpenGL shortly, but it has been delayed from this month's launch. Again this would only be for BlackBerry 10.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
Developer

thanks again... got it...

and Great is your quick reply......