Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: BB10 Alpha
My Carrier: T-mobile
Accepted Solution

libtool .lo support

Hi, I'm trying to compile a special version of sqlite and I've run into a wall near the end. Apparently qcc does not recognize libtool .lo files.  

sqlite3.lo: file not recognized: File format not recognized

This is what the file looks like

# sqlite3.lo - a libtool object file
# Generated by ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# Name of the PIC object.
pic_object='.libs/sqlite3.o'

# Name of the non-PIC object
non_pic_object='sqlite3.o'

Perhaps there is a flag missing that I need to get this to work? I then later tried to directly point the qcc to the .o file, but his left me with many undefined references.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: libtool .lo support

What exactly do you run when you get sqlite3.lo: file not recognized: File format not recognized

New Developer

[ Edited ]

/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/macosx/x86/usr/bin/qcc -V4.6.3,gcc_ntoarmv7le_cpp -D__PLAYBOOK__ -D__QNXNTO__ -fno-short-wchar -fno-short-enums -I/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/../icu/bb-arm/inst/include -L/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/../snowball/bb-arm -lstemmer -L/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/../icu/bb-arm/inst/lib -licui18n -licuuc -licudata -lz -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -L/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/target/qnx6/armv7-le/lib -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -lstemmer -o libsqlite3.la sqlite3.lo
sqlite3.lo: file not recognized: File format not recognized
cc: /Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/macosx/x86/usr/bin/ntoarm-ld error 1

This is in OSX using the bb10 compiler.

--- this is part of a larger command from libtool that is not creating the right output.

./libtool --mode=link /Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/macosx/x86/usr/bin/qcc -V4.6.3,gcc_ntoarmv7le_cpp\
-D__PLAYBOOK__ -D__QNXNTO__ -fno-short-wchar -fno-short-enums -I/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/../icu/bb-arm/inst\
/include -I/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/../snowball/snowball_src/include -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -DSQLITE_THREAD_OVE\
RRIDE_LOCK=-1 -DSQLITE_HAS_CODEC=1 -g -DSQLITE_OS_UNIX=1 -I. -I/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/sqlite_src/src -I/Vol\
umes/Projects/sqlite/sqlite_src/ext/rtree -D_HAVE_SQLITE_CONFIG_H -DBUILD_sqlite -DNDEBUG -DSQLITE_THREADSAF\
E=1 -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_R\
TREE=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_ICU=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_SNOWBALL=1 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_CERO\
D=2 -L/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/../snowball/bb-arm -lstemmer -L/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/../icu/bb-arm/inst/li\
b -licui18n -licuuc -licudata -lz -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -L/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/target/qnx6/armv7-le/\
lib -o libsqlite3.la sqlite3.lo -rpath "/Volumes/Projects/sqlite/bb-arm/inst/lib" -version-info "8:6:8"

should create libsqlite3.so.8 inside of the .libs directory, but it isn't there. I think it is because the qcc command does't work.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

.la and .lo files are to be used with libtool not with qcc/gcc

Highlighted
New Developer

Turns out I was spelling my libraries wrong!  Thanks for taking the time to answer.