Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: MTS

pre-deploy test of application

is it exist a possiblity to make automatic test of application on different configuration before deploy it to BB App World?

(well, at present moment it's only one hw device and two software versions (1.0 and 2.0beta), but such test can include as well a compatibility test with similar apps/most usable apps, load(stress) testing, untypical(or critical) user input/sensor/camera modes etc).

/rgds
Andrey Yaromenok aka azazello
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: pre-deploy test of application

There is no publicly available automated test facility available from RIM, though I understand they have some internal tools for that kind of thing.

Your only option to automate something like that would be to use the simulator, or to integrate the automation right into your app (e.g. sending messages over TCP from a PC-based control program running the test).

If you use the simulator, you could make use of existing third-party tools that can simulate keyboard input and mouse clicks, and that would let you write scripted tests which click and otherwise interact with your app running in the simulator.

This doesn't help with camera input, or most sensors, and has numerous other limitations.

I'm not aware of anyone who has automated any significant tests yet. It's a bit unfortunate since test automation significantly improves the quality of software, but maybe we'll see some assistance in this area from RIM in the future.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!