Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: boost
Accepted Solution

sdk help

Alright, I downloaded and installed the SDK for the tablet.  How do I load a sample App such as the falling Blocks app.

This is all going to be in C++ rite. I've downloaded that app to the default. But its not clear weather I will be able to run it.  I realize it has to be imported. My understanding of import is not to good.  I know that with the Java eclipse blackberry a simulator is necessary. Will i have to install the simulator to get the sample to run. What exactly is OpenGL ES.  My understanding of C++ is good. kind of weak on exceptions. Will that be a problem? Is there anything that I can rite that would get me any income?  I'm more familiar with large programs that deal with complex data.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: sdk help

That's a fairly all-encompassing set of questions.

I suggest you work through Getting started with the NDK.

Cheers,

Sean

Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: boost

Sorry, i've been sucluded for some time now. I'm tired of reading.  yes it is a fairly encompassing set of questions.  Read the getting started guide?  Yeh, rite I should be able to run some of the sample programs. I have done this for the blackberry.  I even loaded some of these programs onto my blackberry phone.  I guess I could just write som dummy programs on my borland c++.  I can handle pointers, but they are a little mysterous.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

" I can handle pointers"

You are all set then ;-)