Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: verizon

thumbnail signal not triggered

The applications thumbnail signal is not triggered when a dialog is shown, is this expected behaviour and any workaround if it is ?

I am showing a progress dialog and want to still be made aware that the user has minimized the application but my slot is not being called if the dialog is shown but it is if the dialog is not shown.

Any suggestions?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: thumbnail signal not triggered

Can you clarify exactly which "dialog" you're talking about? There are several classes available including Dialog, SystemDialog, NotificationDialog, and maybe others. I'm sure not all are acting the same way since, for example, Dialog has nothing to do with the others.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Thank you for your reply Peter,

The dialog is returned from dialog_create_progress_toast.

Regards

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

So as long as the progress toast is visible onscreen, the thumbnail signal does not get delivered? Do you know if it is dropped (never sent) or merely deferred (sent after the toast vanishes)?

Also, as you appear to be mixing native and Cascades code, can you easily check (by watching for navigator events in your BPS loop/handler) whether the issue is that the navigator window state event is not being sent at all (i.e. it's a low-level problem) or that it is being sent but Cascades is somehow swallowing it (higher-level problem)?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

You pointed me in the right direction Peter, thank you.

I didnt have a loop for bps events but now I do and when checking for NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_STATE I am able to control the app cover as I could when my slot got called.