Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MOBILE

Re: Error: "The Item you requested is invalid"

[ Edited ]

Method of payment: credit card, paypal (I tested both)

Yes, I can purchase other apps without problem

This App has null purchases but several people wrote me email that they are unable to purchase

Dev Alpha, 10.0.10.263

App World: 4.2.1.99

I made a new test version 5.0.5. Which I uploaded into draft status in App World. In this Version I changed from SKU to ID when requesting the purchase item.

However even with this new Version I get more or less the same error.

1) Click on purchase full version

2) This time I get "Confirm Purchase" Pop up with correct price and description

3) After I click on purchase I get same old error "The item you requested is invalid"

From 2) it appears that the system requests the correct item but then fails to complete the purchase process.

Contributor

Garett, I send you a small sample project with the same problem to your email address.

BTW, I detected the error code I get back from the payment server:

error 3 : General Payment Error

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Which SDK version are you using to create your application? 

It seems this may be a bug in the OS or BlackBerry World client version. I'm able to purchase successfully using OS 10.1 which indicates it is unlikely to be a coding issue.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

I tested with both BB Air SDK 3.0.0 and 3.1.1. Same problem.

I have created a test project with my code (Flashbuilder 4.6, BB Air SDK). See below. It would be great if you could have a look if you notice something. 

Link to testproject:

http://temp-share.com/show/3YgFtq44x

I have another product with the same in-App code which actually seems to work. So for me it seems to be some kind of combination between my code and some issue in App World for my particular app.

Is there any way, I can install OS 10.1 on my dev alpha for testing?

Everyday I have customers complaining about not being able to purchase, so I need to find a fix quickly.

Retired

Given that the code works in 10.1 it seems highly likely that there is no issue with the code, would you agree?

That said, if there does happen to be an issue with your BlackBerry World Account there is an easy way to test, upload the sample AIR app as a new product in the protal and see if it works as expected:

https://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/bb10/create_basic_app_air.html

Note the BlackBerry World cache does last a few hours, so your app will not be visible until this clears.

As well, if you have numerous user complaints it may be best to either remove the app from sale for the time or replace the purchase dialog with information explaining the issue until resolved.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Movistar

Hi all. I am getting the same error, but in Spanish "El elemento solicitado no es válido". In fact, my last bundle file uploaded and submitted to approvation was denied because, according to evaluation team, that my Air app is not using the BB Payment Service, But the truth is that my app it is working. So when I tested today (deployed from Flash Builder 4.6, AirSDK 3.1 to my Z10 Limited Edition) I could not buy my own app. 

I tried with paymentSystem.purchase() with ID, SKU and both combined without success.

Please, any help is very appreciated. I really need to update my app as soon as possible.

Best wishes.

Rodolfo

Retired

Hi Rodolfo,

You cannot test live payment services if the app is deployed from the SDK, you need to install via BlackBerry World.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Garett. But then, why my update was not approved when payment service Air API is used? In one of my tests I retrieve error #2 (Server Busy) probably for my app's attemp to retrieve past purchases at program start. Later in that test and all other tests I get that error #3 "The item you requested is invalid" (in Spanish because my localisation configuration)

Retired

I couldnt say, but you should likely start a new thread to keep your issue separate Smiley Wink

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Ok. I posted here because I get the same error message, with same Flash Builder, AirSDK and device combination.