Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: 7799356358

How to Remove Busy Cursor

Hi,  In my BlackBerry application developed by air required to show all the digital goods prices at a time in the page by calling the getprice() method, (example 6 digital goods prices to display in a page at a time page loads), so iam facing problem each time when i request of getprice() method,  iam getting the result in result handle with busy cursor with flash blink, like that iam getting 6 flash blinks for 6 digital goods.

So , Can u please tell me how to remove this flash busy cursor blink for every getprice() method result, i want to get the blink after all digital goods  price result (after 6 digital goods result prices).

How can i handle the busy cursor using in my flex app?

Thank you,

Ravi kumar

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to Remove Busy Cursor

The busy cursor is built into the system, there is no supported way to override.

Two ways this could be improved:

1) Cache the prices. In general prices do not/should not change very often, so caching them and reading them from cache would save having to retrieve prices every time the app is launched.

2) Use the Payment Service cache. Make the getPrice call using the SKU, not the content ID, and preface the SKU with "CACHE:". So if your SKU is "10credits", you would instead call:

getPrice(null, "CACHE:10credits");

You can do the same for all subsequent calls. The first call will still take some time but all subsequent calls should return almost immediately as the data will now be cached local to the device for 30 minutes.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!