Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Simulator - developer
My Carrier: No provider

Policy regarding In App Purchase

We have an application offering a payable set of features. On Android and IOS we are supporting unlock of payable features through IAP.

We are supporting Blackberry by adjusting our android code to run on Blackberry as Android runtime app. How should we go about our IAP? We obviously can't use Google Store for IAP. Can we integrate BlackBerry World's IAP facilities into our app, which is running in Android runtime? Or would we be allowed to deploy our own payment service and use that?

I wasn't able to find any answers to this specific question in the documentation, so I would be really happy if somebody could answer this, before our app gets thrown out of BlackBerry World for using the wrong IAP method.

Cordially,

Rok Ružič

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Policy regarding In App Purchase

Hi Rok,

This is covered on the Android Runtime section of the BlackBerry developer site:

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/apisupport_inapp_payments_support.html

In short Android APIs will work for In App Payments but you need to add the goods to BlackBerry World and remove any signature checks in your app.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!