Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Smartphones (PRIV, DTEK50 & DTEK60)

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: DTEK50
My Carrier: Virgin - Waaaaay better than Bell
Accepted Solution

Can't attach PDF in text DTEK50 - Help

Hi, thank you in advance for your assistance, my transition from my BB Passport to a DTEK50 has been challenging. Most issues I've resolved as it's just differnt than I'm used to however.....

I'm used to being able to attach PDF Files and sending them via text as an attchment but am unable to get my DTEK50 to do so, am I missing something? 

I can find the PDF file to attach when in the text app but it will not "highlight" to allow me to attach it. All assistance appreciated.

Thank you,

Tojoso

Super Contributor
My Device: PRIV STV100-4, PASSPORT SE SQW100-4, Z10 STL100-1, TORCH 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Can't attach PDF in text DTEK50 - Help

Hello first of all recommend you download a file Manger ( Asus works really good) also Adobe acrobat. Again both of these are perfectly on my PRIV.

Now when sending an email and wanting to attach PDF is quite simple.
-open hub
-press button at bottom to compose
-select compose with
-now at the top you will see a paperclip icon select it and you will get a list of possible attachments
-select file
If you have PDF's in your device will show recent or you can select search at top and search for your pdf file

That's it!

Good luck
Sent from amazing productivity: PRIV and or Passport SE
Follow me on:
twitter: Rico4you
Instagram: Rico_4_you
New Contributor

Hi, I truly appreciate the reply however as noted, it's for attaching PDFs in text (sms & mms) that i made my enquiry. 

I've no issue with email attachments as they show up and attach perfectly. I took your advice and went with The ASUS File Manager App though, outstanding. I also have Adobe Acrobat now too. However even with those new app additions, PDFs still won't show for attachment to text messages. Any suggestions there?

Thank you again,

Tojo

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Tojoso,

Have a look in the area where you type your text message.

At the far left is a + (plus sign).

Tap on the plus sign to select the file(s) to attach.

Hope this helps.

New Contributor

Thank you HarvMan, I do appreciate the reply. I've done so and what happens is a box is created that reflects the attachment but all it does is show the continuous circle.... like when a video is buffering. It will then continue to do so indefinitely without attaching to the text string. I sent it as it was "buffering" and the recipient received a blank dialogue box.

Tojo

Super Contributor

Hello was testing this on my Passport and PRIV. There seems to be an issue with sending PDF's via sms. It's more I had never would have used personally an sms to send a pdf. Sending pics yes Re mms but for pdf used messaging apps or email.
On my Passport it attached a pdf to sms but sms never arrived? On the PRIV sames as your DTEK50 the circle and no attachment. Feels there has to be an issue with service provider that they can read PDF files.
Follow me on:
Super Contributor

But will ask around anybody has a solution?!
Follow me on:
Super Contributor

Have been told this..

Technically no you cannot. SMS (short message service) can only send text.. When you go to send a picture, video, or audio file the messaging app converts it to MMS (Multimedia Message Service) which allows the media type files to be sent. It cannot send actual files like pdfs, executables I.e. Exe files, or anything like that.
Follow me on:
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

The continuous circle may be due to looking for folder.

Suggest you perform a restart:

- press and hold the power button for more than 32 seconds to force a restart

However, I now notice that only photos can be selected.

Super Contributor

Hello
One last item! Download from Google Play Store TEXTRA sms.

This app is very popular and it seems to allow send PDF attachments.

Let me know if it works

Good luck

Follow me on: