Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Social Lounge

Developer
My Device: z30
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry jam zone rewards

Hi BlackBerry developers

I, together with probably every other developer, got an email that BlackBerry will stop with the jam zone and it's rewards. Because probably a lot of people have a lot of points, they offer a BlackBerry Playbook for 2.500 points and a BlackBerry z30 for 5.000 points.

Why not providing a BlackBerry z10 or BlackBerry q10 for 2.500 points and the z30 for 5.000? I mean, probably a lot of developers still test on a simulator. While a simulator is oke, it's not the same as testing on a real device. I mean, a playbook??? The device doesn't have apps, developers stopped developing apps for the device, and BlackBerry stopped the support for the device. Why would they give developers a playbook for points? In my opinion, a q10/z10 will stimulate developers to build more and better apps. 

I just wanted to here other peoples opinion on this. I think it's rather strange that they offer a not supported device to developers that will not help them get more apps to the store. Is it because they have some containers with playbooks they need to get rid off?

My Device: z10
My Carrier: rim

Re: BlackBerry jam zone rewards

I was thinking the same .

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

I would think the PlayBook is just to get rid of stock, I agree with your comments on other devices but I would think it's too late to do it now.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Let's hope that whenever and whatever the successor is that it is more focussed towards getting devices to bonefide developers.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

We consulted with some of our developer community prior to adding the addtional items. 

We cannot change items as this point.

The shipping is incredibly expensive and that's why we've offered to convert all unused points to a charitable donation.

Cheers,

Lou

Developer
My Device: z30
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Hi Lou

Thanks for your answer!

My Device: Z10 Red, PlayBook, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Play

'We cannot change items as this point.'

It's too bad.

However I'd like to suggest:

1. DAC -> Q10 transform pack (case + soft)

2. DAB + 1500 pt = Z30

or next trade-in programme for Z30 or Passport as rewards.

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I agree. Hopefully there will be a new rewards program in the future.

New Developer
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: sprint

I agreeand so love your Ideal
--
Triệu Chung
VietNam National University
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i would have loved to get something but my forum account was not linked to my dev account

I would be happy with a playbook, i have 3 in my family and its the right size for me, yes it could be faster but heck its over 3 years old now. we still buy games for it too so dont think its a total dead end yet. also aunti and mother in law have one.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V