Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Social Lounge

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha Simulator
My Carrier: Blackberry
Accepted Solution

How to rollback to previous app release?

Hi, I have submitted an app release which contains quite a major bug. Is it possible to rollback to the previous app release once the submitted app release is approved? Need advice urgently.

Regards,

Steve Chan
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: How to rollback to previous app release?

You can open a support ticket here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberryworld/vendor_support.html

I've never had to request a rollback so no idea what the response will be. 

Hopefully you've got good revision control and you can rebuild the prior known good version, or you archive your release builds locally (good practice).

If the app is already up for sale then the buggy version will start to propagate out as soon as it's approved.  In this case you may want to consider temporarily removing it from sale until you get the bug fixed.  If the app is not approved yet, and if you have an archived prior release saved locally, you can just submit a new bar, and standard operating procedure for the test house should be for them to only test and release the last bar you submitted.

You will probably want to update your build and/or version number, and re-sign your last known non buggy version so that the test house sees a sequence of bar file submissions with ascending version numbers and does not get confused.

Developer

My problem was solved as the approval takes longer than expected... The bug i mention was backend was not sync with the newly developed app but it was submitted before backend fixed it. Now its solved. Thank you.
Regards,

Steve Chan
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: no provider

I once needed to urgently disable a release. I did a following trick. My app was BB10 and it wouldn't work on Playbook OS, I edited the release and deselected all BB10 devices and selected Playbook only. This way this release was unavailabe for BB10 devices and Playbook users didn't see it as well. :-)

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Nice trick.

Developer

Good but when you say unavailable, does that mean I cant find the app from the store or I can find it but cannot download it?
Regards,

Steve Chan