Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Social Lounge

Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: etisalat

promote my app

[ Edited ]

i want to promote my new app .by making advertising in blackberry advertisment service.and i don't know how can i do that every time enter to portal of advertisment service https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/platform_services/advertising.html

i just find how can i put ads of other poeple in my apps ...but i what i need to advertise my app for promoting it for blackberry user to download it 

this is my app 

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/49800894/?lang=en&countrycode=EG

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: promote my app

You're right it's incredibly hard to find out how to do this (having spent 10 minutes typing in every search term I could think of to come up with something specific from BlackBerry or agent).

However I think you were on the right track, if you register here,

https://adservices.blackberry.com/

I believe it will let you pay for advertisement as well.

Strange this isn't more prominant somewhere but perhaps they do it through 3rd party advertising companies mostly rather than handle it themselves.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

There is no service available currently to allow you to purchase ad space, though we are working on finding a solution for this. 

At present your best option would be to try to have your app featured in BlackBerry World and promoting through regular channels (BBM integration, Twitter etc).

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

[ Edited ]

An ad service that has no way of purchasing ads?

So how do the ads get on there presently?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Retired

BBSJdev wrote:

An ad service that has no way of purchasing ads?

So how do the ads get on there presently?

That's not what I said Smiley Tongue, we just don't have a supported way to allow devs to purchase ads that is specific to BlackBerry.

Of course you could go to one of the ad networks and purchase ad units which specifically target BlackBerry 10 devices, but there is no firm process hashed out and it is sure to be ugly. I'm hoping to one day have an option to easily purchase (or convert ad revenue) automatically into ad units you could use to promote your own app.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Sorry the first line could be read as a bit facitious but it's a genuine question.

If someone wants to purchase an ad (whether they are developer or not) how would they do that and can you provide a link.

As I said I spent some time searching and couldn't find anything, if I was a company wishing to advertise you would have lost my money. Smiley Happy

It could be that this guy or someone looking later on will struggle with the same and a link would be useful.

Retired

I read it as rhetorical Smiley Happy

I can't really promote any process as nothing has been fleshed out. If there was a link that would allow this to happen easily I'd gladly hand it over, but at this time there have been no processes, agreements or otherwise worked out with ad nets.

It is hugely important in mobile to have the ability to purchase ad units, but right now I don't have the information to provide. Some ad nets with our mediation platform today are created only to target certain regions.

We are working on some process improvements that should allow for lots of new functionality and a better developer experience. Sorry to delay, but stay tuned!

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

LOL, yes rhetorical was what I was aiming for.

That clears it up (for now), thanks.