Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

9360 Simulator 'Media card is not inserted properly' message

I am using the 9360 Simulator version SimPackage-7.0.0.530_9360

After a few minutes use the message  'Media card is not inserted properly' pops up and it takes several/many back button presses to dismiss it (clicking the trackpad to utilise the OK button in the pop-up dialog has no effect), but it will pop-up again shortly after.

This means I have to keep shutting down and restarting the simulator to continue testing/debugging which is an almighty new PITA.

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know a cure?

Many thanks

Paul

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 9360 Simulator 'Media card is not inserted properly' message

Hello paulkayuk,

I've run a couple of sample apps in run and debug mode, and have also used the aforementioned simulator in standalone mode. I'm not able to reproduce the error, as the simulator is functioning as expected.

Is your applicaion utilizing any media card functionality? Also, if you could provide some additional information regarding your development machine it would assist in our investigation.

James Dreher
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: 9360 Simulator 'Media card is not inserted properly' message

Hello James,

My development environment is:

Windows XP

Eclipse 3.6.1 installed using your BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse version 1.5.0 plus any offered updates

Yes I am mirroring to a PC file system for SD Card files at: C:\SDCard, selected from the Debug Configuration -> Simulator -> Memory option

The application running when I get the pop-up is packaged for JRE 7.0.0

I have done a complete re-install of the Java Plugin for Eclipse 1.5, plus updates plus Simulator packages, but still get the message pop-up after about 5 minutes of debug deployment to the simulator.

I have a second machine where I installed version 1.3 plus updates to 1.5 plus simulators where I don't get the problem.  I 'think' I have only had the problem since I did a complete re-install using the 1.5 package.

Regards

Paul