Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

API failure (DE372) on simulator: an unsupported api was called : rimwlanreqturbostart

I have been trying and using few of our application on BB platforms. As in current deployment env is behind the HTTP Proxy, I followed the steps mentioned in  BlackBerry Support  to setup the proxy in BB Simulator. But after the proxy setup, whenever I try and browse through browser, it throws and error API failure (DE372): an unsupported api was called : rimwlanreqturbostart.

Well any thought, suggestion, work around and solution is welcome.

It has also generated a bug report, but I'm unaware that blackberry provides a BugReporting system to users.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: API failure (DE372) on simulator: an unsupported api was called : rimwlanreqturbostart

[ Edited ]

What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry device software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Please verify that the version of DirectX installed on your PC is up to date.

Try closing the BlackBerry smartphone simulator, running the clean.bat file located in the simulator directory and start the simulator again.  Once the simulator has started up, disable the WiFi radio before trying to browse.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker