Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

App denial because of scaling / size issues

Hi,

I have had an app denied for the following reason:

"The application tested fine on the PlayBook, however on the DevAlpha we are not able to see the letters and numbers at the top of the screen and the back button is not functional either. Please resolve these issues on the Devalpha and submit a new release for testing."

Basically what they are saying is that the app doesn't fit on the screen.

The app submitted is an app built from the same codebase as an already approved existing app which doesn't have the same issue.

I've tested on an actual playbook as well as two different versions of the bb10 simulator (build 10.0.9.386 and the latest build 10.0.9.1101).

I'm using haxenme as my development platform and have built the app for blackberry, flash, webos and cpp targets. I've built at numerous resolutions 1280 x 768, 1024 x 768, 1024 x 600 and in each case on each platform the app scales and fits the screen without any issues.

The app also scales and functions correctly in the blackberry simulators and all buttons are functional.

I simply can't replicate the issue the tester saw where the app doesn't fit on the screen.

Surely thw whole point of the simulators are that they replicate the device, but in this case that doesn't seem the case.

Can anyone offer any advice. I'd love to submit this app for both bb10 and playbook especially since my first two apps went through approval without a problem!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: GlaDOS

Re: App denial because of scaling / size issues

Usually, simulators do a pretty good job, but they are not perfect unfortunately. From experience, there are issues that occur on real devices but are not present in the simulator, and there are also issues that occur in the simulator but not on the real devices.

I'm sure you're aware that the best way to go about this is to test it on an actual device, but seeing that you are not in possession of the dev alpha unit, I'm not sure what sensible option you can take right now.

Do you have any local development groups there where you can find someone to borrow a unit from, just for testing?

Like all my posts, and mark them as the solution if it solved your problem.

My Website: Paolo Rodriguez

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Re: App denial because of scaling / size issues

Not that I know of.

I've sent the bar file to one of the development team directly and he's going to test on another device for me hopefully.

What I find most frustrating is that I submitted two apps, one got through and one didn't even though they are based off the same code base.