Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Airtel

BB 10 Dev Alpha not starting

Hi,

I have got BB 10 Alpha Device in Blackberry Jam. I updated it to 10.0.6 Bundle 545. So now it stops booting up. I have charged it for the whole night many times. But every time it is showing "Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha" in the screen. I tried to update/repair it many times using Desktop Manager. But Alas! Everytime it is giving the error pop up saying :

"A Connection to the Device could not be established. Please ensure that the deviceis properly connected to the cradle or USB cable and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely with your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."

I uninstall the Desktop Manager and install again..tried..tried..but failed again..

I wrote the issue to BlackBerry Technical Support. They suggest the following solutions:

1.     Please visit http://www.blackberry.com/betazone and login with your account.

2.     Remove any previous versions of BlackBerry Desktop Software from add/remove programs.

3.     Download BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1 and install the program

4.     Follow the steps as outline in the download file called “BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device Reload Instructions”

From the above 4 points, i did not get what i will do after logging to the beta zone. And what is the meaning of the 4th steps: " outline in the download file called “BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device Reload Instructions”

Really speaking, i fade up with this problem from last 15 days. Every night i keep it in charge. so that it may start again in the morning..Cat Very Happy

Because of this issue, my BB 10 development has been stopped for last 2 weeks..

Please help me..whoever faced this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Arindam Mukherjee.

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB 10 Dev Alpha not starting

I'm running into the same problem. That's of no help to you, except to let you know that you're not alone!

Nick
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: BB 10 Dev Alpha not starting

No reply..no solution..still clicking the update and repair button of Desktop Manager everyday..But No Luck.