Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

BB10 Alpha locked out after update

I recently did the update and turned on fine and installed some test apps. The next day no app would load so I restarted it. This time it would get stuck on the alpha screen for hours no matter how many times I restarted it. I tried to reinstall the new OS via repair option onthe desk top software. Again it starts reinstalling and stops about halfway through. Says it lost communication with the device. I try to restart the device and still stuck on main screen. Now the difference is the desktop software is asking me to enter the pin via device but I can't since it's stuck on the boot screen.

Also, ever since the update, the device would randomly reboot itself while connected to the desktop software. I would still be able to go through the device files in the mean time. I was never able to restore or backup with the new OS. It would give me an error

I have 7.1.0.32 on XP

Updated my pin
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: BB10 Alpha locked out after update

Same issue here. The 10.0.06 update is pretty unstable. How did you force the repair option to appear?

Developer

base8 wrote:

Same issue here. The 10.0.06 update is pretty unstable. How did you force the repair option to appear?

I plug it in and wait for the connected status then hold down the power button until its shuts off. The screen will say it lost a connection. Then I go for the repair/upgrade options.

But now it won't even connect. It asks for me to enter the password on the device instead but I can't since it stays frozen on the main booting screen. I did have a password. It's the same PW for all my gadgets and even this site so it's not that I forgot my password. I tried forgetting the device. Still nothing. I've read that shutting off the password is best before updating but I can't even do that now. It won't even connect until the password is entered.

I'm stuck and I don't know the next step to get it working right.

Updated my pin
Contributor

So I can get the Repair option now, but when I try it, it reboots the device (so far so good) but then complains that it can't connect (duh, you just rebooted the device) and the repair process stops.

Developer

So u updated it before and doing it again? I had the same problem as u. The device would randomly reboot while reinstalling. I don't know if that's supposed to happen. I finally did get it to stay on long enough to install only to reboot half way through and now its locked out. Maybe holding off until someone comes here and explains what's going on before you nuke it like it has happened to me.

Updated my pin
Developer

Also, what type of machine are you on? Windows? Mac? 7? Xp?

Updated my pin
Contributor

I've been trying on both Mac OS X 10.7 and WIndows 7 machines. I can't even connect to the Windows machine at this point so I've been trying the Repair option on a Mac. I tried twice and am holding off for now. I need a break Smiley Happy

Developer

Ok so how do I get this fixed? Or who do I have to call? Or where should I ship this out out for fixing?

Updated my pin
Highlighted
Developer

Umm..hello? Is anyone here?

Updated my pin