Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Re: BB10 Dev Alpha Device Driver - or how to restore the OS

Wow, that's a lot missing, perhaps someone with a non-wiped BB10 could post a dump of the list of installed apps on the device...

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

The BB10 device contains almost all applications teh Playbook OS2.x also contains, but most are hidden, with the exception of the camera App.

After the wipe these Apps are also deleted, together with a lot of other content.

I do hope RIM is making haste with fixing this issue, as it's been there for a while and to me it seems an easy fix to allow us to reload the software again, by whitelisting our devices, so we can actually download/install the BB10 software through the Desktop Manager 7.1
We're also expecting an update to the OS very soon, so I imagine everyone will be impacted by then,
@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Developer

When an option is not available, you often find a new one to compensate, so when the Android player disappeared, I compiled and deployed a Python app.

So if you wiped your BB10 Dev Alpha, this is the right time to get started with Python development, see  BBPyProject http://blackberry-py.microcode.ca/ 

So many options for BlackBerry Developers ;-)

Julien
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Developer

If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900 / PB 2.0641
My Carrier: SFR

After:

- uninstalling of DSM 7.1 beta

- manually installing the alpha drivers (device manager 7)

- reinstalling DSM 7.1 beta

- enabling usb/wifi shares modes (with no sharing pw) and set my usb connection to "Windows" (thanks again, Julien !),

I noticed that this morning (CET+1), alpha is connecting properly to DSM 7.1 beta. It is still listed as "Unknown Terminal" model, but does not throw an error anymore.

Tried the debrick procedure and the checking for update routine (after the debrick screen) is running. Unfortunately presently resulting in a "no update available".

So, there might have been some changes, server side ?

Developer

[ Edited ]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

UPDATE:

Device is now properly seen as a device in the Device Manager. Though still unknown. But Sync PIN etc. is all there.

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.27.19 PM.png

Trying to update the device, following the procedure is still unsuccesful.

Right after the device turns on this screen flashes quickly:

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.24.15 PM.png

But it's gone before you can click Update...

After the device is fully rebooted the screen above appears again and now you can click Update...

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.28.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.24.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.34.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.27.41 PM.png

But Alais:

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.27.49 PM.png

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=  OLD =-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'm seeing the change now too.

It now does seen to find the proper driver in this screen:

Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 10.10.40 PM.png

And I now get to the next screen:

Screen Shot 2012-06-20 at 2.09.16 PM.png

It's now pending on that screen, but as this was tested using VM Fushion, there might be some connectivity issues.

Will retry with real hardware in a bit.

Regular Contributor

Yep, things are moving. Good point !

WayneLee confirmed here : https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/10839?pg=2

This is accurate. I was informed yesterday that developers were making server side fixes for this issue. Hopefully it will be resolved by the end of the week.

woot !

Developer

Before I lose too much time sorting this out, somebody could confirm that on a security-wiped BB10 the access_internet permission is never granted even if present in the bar-descriptor?

Whenever I start the app, it prompts to allow other permissions (access_shared for instance) but never prompts to confirm access_internet, and the permission doesn't show up in the security settings for the app.

Thanks

Julien
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Megafon

Have done same mistake, when trying to recover camera made a wipe. So now don't know how to recover it, there is no new Desktop Manager for Mac OS, also access to BetaZone not available in Russia. As i see from the above even if i get new Desktop Manager and install it in VM i will still get problems recovering the device. Do i need to wait for next upgrade? Or there is a way to recover it now? (may be someone could get undeleted bar files somehow, so that camera and hidden apps could be reintstalled)

Regular Contributor

sry, but you're stuck into that state for now. People at RIM are working on it. Device has to be whitelisted and it seems something went wrong in this area.
P.S: same boat here.