Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

BB10 Dev Alpha not starting up

I have been using the dev alpha for a while. But all of a sudden it won't turn on. i have charged it through computer and usb and wall plug charger.

When I connect it there is a red LED that blinks pretty much continuously.

Anyone know the symptom? Is there a way to physically reset the device or pull the battery out and back?

This is a real setback for me as I am currently in development.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Re: BB10 Dev Alpha not starting up

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha Device
My Carrier: None

Funny you asked. I had a similar issue as I haven't touched it for a week or so and it is out of battery.  It's blinking red and won't boot up even after I charged it all morning with AC.

Since I had repaired/updated countless number of times.  I know the bullet proof method is to "repair" it.  Connect it using USB instead to your PC (assumed you have BBM installed already).    BBM should recognize the device.  Click "repair" to start the process.  That should do the trick.  But then you'll have to re-setup the device and re-update the firmware.   

Frankly I am tired of this repair cycle.  I think I spent too much time just to get it t o run than to develop on it.   Personally,, it is better off to use Playbook for development since the alpha is really a mini-playbook with the given OS.  

New Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Yeah Connecting it to a computer and running Blackberry Desktop Software and hitting update when plugged in worked.

Thanks