Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: None of anyone's business
Accepted Solution

BB10 Simulator - how to shutdown?

How do I shutdown the simulator? I've tried a just about all the keys on my keyboard, and none of them seem to do anything special. I'm assuming real devices have a power on/off button, or *some* way to power off the device, so how would I do that on the simulator?

Please note: the "power off" option in the VMware Player/Workstation is NOT the way to do this. This would be identical to "pulling the plug" or "removing te battery while the device is still on", which is extremely bad.

I must be missing something.

Developer
My Device: bb10 developer
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BB10 Simulator - how to shutdown?

You can use the bb10 controller program (installed in same location as the simulator) which simulates the hardware buttons (among other things) on the device. 

Although doing a power-reset through vmware is more convenient and doesn't cause any unwanted side-effects imho

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: None of anyone's business

Re: BB10 Simulator - how to shutdown?

Aha, excellent. I never noticed the program being there. I "just" started the simulator and assumed that's all there is to it. Sorta makes sense that there would be more.

Thanks.