Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: rogers,telus
Accepted Solution

BB10 can't install debug build - result::failure 532 all 100 development slots are already in use

I'm getting an error when trying to deploy a debug bar file to a Z30:

result::failure 532 all 100 development slots are already in use

I have deleted all development apps, renewed my debug token, restarted momentics and restarted the device, but the error persists.

I'll be wiping the device next, but has anyone run into this, or know a quicker fix?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 can't install debug build - result::failure 532 all 100 development slots are already in use

A BlackBerry signing account limits the creation of debug token(s) to 100 unique BlackBerry PINs.  If you try to create more, you'll get the error below.

Debug tokens expire after 30 days, so once a PIN(s) expires you'll be able to create more again.

Note that this doesn't affect renewing tokens.  If you renew a token before it expires it still only uses 1 allocation.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: rogers,telus

Re: BB10 can't install debug build - result::failure 532 all 100 development slots are already in use

Is the limit 100 PINs, or 100 tokens? These signing keys have been used with ~10 or so devices, shared between 4+ development machines. I can see how we'd hit 100 debug tokens total, but I'm pretty sure we haven't dveloped on 100 unique devices.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

It's 100 PINs.  If you have 2 debug tokens created for the same PIN it'll only count as 1.

Is it possible someone entered a bunch of PINs testing debug token creation?

If you open up the debug tokens you have in WinZip, the PINs for each one are listed in the manifest.mf file.  The PINs will also be listed if the token is viewed in the Momentics signing settings screen (Window, Prefences, BlackBerry, Signing).

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker