Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

BB10 native pdf viewer

I have a Dev alpha with latest OS 10.9.10.35 but cannot open pdf email attachments. I get a message stating 'No viewer available'. 

I also have the same problem invoking a pdf viewer card within my apps. I thought there was supposed to be a native pdf viewer. Am I missing something?

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB10 native pdf viewer

The Z10's will have a pdf viewer, likely Adobe reader.... for the dev alpha's I think the only option would be to either download a pdf app in blackberry world or create your own Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the update. My biggest issue is that I cannot test the PDF output function of my apps on the Dev Alpha. Are we likely to get an updated OS with all of the Z10 functionality anytime soon?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

I have found 3 apps for BB10 but all are paid Smiley Sad. any other alternate ??

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: CMCC

Hi, Zerprize.

Have you found your way out? Did it work well now? I am wondering whether we can create a PDF viewer on our own with the help of some manual tools? I am testing about the relevant projects these days. We can communicate about it later. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

you can view/modify pdf's with qt

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Handling_PDF